Mooimelk Farm Stay
Last Updated: 11 months ago
Contact Gerdie Landman
- Longitude: 25.82086111
- Latitude: -32.6684167
- Self Catering
- Camp Sites
- Mountain Biking
R595 single occupancy per night
Thereafter, R200 per adult extra.
Children younger than 12 years stay for free.
Payments and cancellation policy:
1. Deposits and cancellations are calculated on the full value of stay.
2. A 50% deposit will be required to secure a booking.
3. Once the deposit has been received, a written confirmation will be forwarded to the client.
4. The Balance of the booking value (50%) is to be paid on or before arrival.
5. Only cash and EFT payments can be accepted.
6. Payment for meals or any other extras to be made on day of departure.
7. Mooimelk Farm Stay will retain the full deposit payment in the case of cancellations made within
21 days of arrival or “No Shows”.
8. A full refund of deposit (minus 10% handling fee) will be made for bookings cancelled more than
21 days prior to arrival.
Account Name: Lorenda Landman
Bank Name: Capitec Bank
Savings Account No: 1379 443 944
Branch Code: 47 00 10
Please email proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- All rates are indicative only, may be seasonal and are subject to change without notice.
About Mooimelk Farm Stay
Mooimelk Farm Stay is nestled in the heart of a working family farm, 2 hrs from Port Elizabeth, surrounded by mountains and the Fish River. The farm is 10 min drive off the N10 highway in the Eastern Cape, with Addo and Mountain Zebra National Parks, the quaint village of Bedford, farm stalls and historical landmarks within an hour’s drive. The self-catering cottage with modern conveniences is next to the main farmhouse where meals are served on request. Visit us to experience life on the farm - unwind and rejuvenate!
The self-catering cottage is ideal for a couple or small family as an over-night option to break a long journey, or for longer stays to explore the nearby safari options and historical landmarks. The cottage consists of 1 en-suite bedroom, an open plan living/dining area with single bed and fully fitted kitchen and second full bathroom. An additional single mattress can be added on request. There are barbecue facilities outside the cottage. Wood is available at an additional charge.
4 Campsites under large trees and near ablution facilities and with access to electrical points overlook the Fish River.
We are located on a working farm, so there is activity during the day, but everyone settles down to enjoy the tranquility of the farm after dark. Guests can access the whole farm to explore, enjoy mountain biking, fishing or hiking. Children and pets are welcome, but should be accompanied by parents for supervision when outside the security gate of the farmhouse garden due to farm machinery, vehicles and animals on the farm.
• Breakfast and Dinner is available by prior arrangement and at an additional cost. A menu will be made available on request.
• Barbecue facilities are available and wood can be purchased on the farm.
• Please book meals 1 day in advance.
• Doing of laundry, car wash and additional cleaning/servicing of the cottage and baby sitting is available on request. Costs available on request.
• We will normally be out and about on the farm, but there will always be someone available if you need assistance.
• We can assist you with the planning of daily excursions or anything you might need. Please ask us for assistance - we will be happy to help.
• Children under 12 years stay for free, BUT please inform us how many children will be accompanying you for sleeping arrangements.
• Smoking only in designated areas outside.
• Pet(s) live on property - We have 2 good-natured German Shepherd dogs on the property. They have a large enclosure where they stay happily during the day, but are open at night.
Room / Unit Features
- En Suite Bathroom
- Kitchen (fully Equipped)
On Site Features
- Braai / Barbecue Area
- Dinner (prior Arrangement)
- Childcare / Babysitting Service
- Laundry Service Available
- Pet Friendly (by Arrangement)
- Smoking (in Demarcated Areas)
Map and Directions to Mooimelk Farm Stay
GPS Coordinates:32°40'06.3"S 25°49'15.1"E1.
Travel along the N2 from Port Elizabeth, onto the N10 North.
2. Drive past the Cookhouse and two Bedford turn-offs.
3. Shortly after the second Bedford turn-off, start slowing down to take the next turn-off LEFT into Klipfontein Road (tarred road)
4. Follow this Klipfontein road for +- 8 km.
5. Turn LEFT onto a gravel road (LANDMAN sign - If you reach the railwayline, you have gone past the turn-off)
6. Follow this road for 5km, past our farm workers houses (Colourfornia).
7. Keep right at the fork, drive around the fenced farm house on your right, past the shed on your left, to the main entrance to the farm house with electronic gate.
8. Call us to open: 082 651 7727 / 082 878 2190