The Mill Cricket Ground
Last Updated: 10 months ago
Contact The Mill Cricket Ground
- Longitude: 26.142801
- Latitude: -32.637238
- Sports & Outdoors
- Cricket Grounds
About The Mill Cricket Ground
The privately owned Mill Cricket Ground on Spring Grove farm was opened in 1998 and has hosted an international match against Bangladesh.
The oak trees at the ground were planted along the mill stream in 1837 from acorns brought from Jedburgh in Scotland.
The mill itself was built in 1839/40 by William Stewart Ainslie, the great-great grandfather of the present owner, Lochart Ainslie.
The mill was in commercial use during the 19th century and later served the farm's needs right up to 1983 when the miller was killed in a tragic accident.
He is memorialised by a water feature in the courtyard which incorporates the millstones.